MENTAL HEALTH




In this I will talk about mental health..
-the different types
-facts
-coping mechanisms 
-my experience with mental health 
-what else can I do to help, what can you do to help



DIFFERENT TYPES OF MENTAL HEALTH
FACTS

  • 16 million people in the UK experience a mental illness. ... 
  • Three in four mental illnesses start in childhood. ... 
  • 10% of school children have a diagnosable mental illness. ... 
  • 75% of young people with a mental health problem are not receiving treatment. ... 
  • The average wait for effective treatment is 10 years.
One in four people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives.

  • Between 2003 and 2013, 18,220 people with mental health problems took their own life in the UK.

One in 15 people make a suicide attempt at some point in their lives and it is more common among men. In fact, suicide is the most common cause of death for men aged 20-49 years in England and Wales.

In this age group suicide accounts for more deaths than road accidents, murder and HIV/Aids combined.

  •  What is the difference between depression and sadness?

One of the biggest mistakes people make is thinking that depression is sadness, but the two are entirely different things.
While sadness is a normal human emotion that comes and goes and is usually caused by certain events, depression is a constant feeling of sadness and hopelessness.

(THESE FACTS ARE JUST FROM THE INTERNET AND MAY NOT BE 100% RELIABLE)


 COPING MECHANISMS
    
here is some coping mechanisms for wellness and positive thinking.

- write down all the good things in your life, what your grateful for and what makes you happy.. now on a separate list write what makes you sad... each day do 2 good things and eliminate a bad point. eventually you need to have more good things than bad and put yourself first.

-seek help, either friends and family ..talk about whats bothering you and get ideas from other people.... be around people or even strangers who make you positive
talk to a therapist or doctor or a helpline

-look into the law of attraction.. everything happens for a reason and each day is a blessing ...learn WHY bad things happen and why you need to change your mindset.each thing that happens in your life is a learning curve and a sign. if something bad is happening its telling you you need to change something. will it matter in 10 years and is it good for your health. start looking at everything differently and your life will change too. believe in positive energy and be attracted to it.. go towards things that make you positive and draw you to their vibes.

- self love.. get a blow-dry/get your nails done/ have a hair trim/shave/save some money up/go on a trip/ be spontaneous/go to the gym/get a massage/listen to music/read a book... 
you need to take time out and think about yourself this is your life and nobody can make you better ..only yourself... if your unhappy

-cut someone or something negative out your life. block someone who brings you down. you don't need it and the relief afterwards is amazing.

PEOPLE IN THE PUBLIC EYE WHO HAVE SUFFERED AND COMMITTED SUICIDE

life isn't always as you make it. Instagram/Facebook is fake. sometimes peoples laughs and smiles are fake. mental health is masked and this is an example of people who you think have everything ...and that isn't enough when you feel lonely or down.
for celebrities I think whats hard is the pressure and having to hide away, not be yourself to set a good example, not have real friends, sometimes turn to substance abuse because of the lifestyle.. similar to people in an everyday life ..sometimes in a room full of people you feel alone.😒

  • Marilyn Monroe 36 years old
  • robin Williams 63 years old
  • kurt cobain 27 years old
  • Alexander mcqueen 40 years old
  • avicii 28 years old
  • sophie gradon 32 years old
  • kate spade 55 years old 


 MY EXPERIENCE WITH MENTAL HEALTH

Last year was a really tough year for me, one of my closest friends was murdered & I was needed to give evidence in her murder trial, which was really really difficult for me to cope with, it absolutely shattered me, also my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour, which plays a huge part in my mental health as I’m constantly worried something really bads going to happen and she’s not going to be okay 😢 
I was and sometimes still can be an absolute nightmare to be around. I was angry all of the time,negative,cried,panicked,screamed near enough every day. I couldn't drive because my anxiety effected my sight as my eyes and head were so muddled up, I couldn't get my words out, I couldn't sleep, either ate loads or non at all I actually lost weight then gained weight, it’s constantly fluctuating. I showed nearly every sign of anxiety you possibly could. I was given citalapram for my panic attacks, they slowly stopped me having a panic attacks but I eventually they came back worse, I was then diagnosed with psd & was put on stronger medication. I struggled to go out and sometimes would stop speaking to the people closest to me. Also realised that when i was hot and surrounded by lots of noise is what triggered my panic attacks. I had this Feeling like I was going to faint all the time, I felt like I was standing over my own body as if I was detached from it all. my anger was horrendous I would flip and cry all the time.. In my eyes I was loosing the plot. until i learnt how common anxiety is. I’m still not 100% but day by day I’m trying to make positive changes to improve my mental health and eventually come off my medication. 

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO TO HELP


-use my social media platform to build attention and awareness to mental health.
-posting quotes which I know will help others.
-being someone who people can come to to talk.
-doing mental health events .. 

THINGS YOU COULD DO 

WRITE A NICE NOTE AND GIVE IT TO A RANDOM PERSON, RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS GO A LONG WAY.
CHECK ON YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS.
POST ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH
DO CHARITY WORK

Thanks for reading 
Tj xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airbrushing

The Perfect Face Primer