HOW IT STARTED

HOW THE STUDIO STARTED ๐ŸŽจ


The Makeup Studio ๐Ÿ’œ 


Located in meanwood Leeds!

I live where my studio is based (back of my house) so it isn't exactly hard to get to work!


Eventually I would like to move more central but for now I love my little unique studio

Currently it has a girly theme, this time round I went for baby pink ๐Ÿ’•  “as it use to be black and white “boring”. I love redecorating, so I don’t no how long it will stay pink for.


I started out working from my dining room, it was not for long but I had to start somewhere right. 

It became a nightmare “I’m not going to lie” having the kids in one room “just been kids” & me in the other “working on my clients” it was really hard to switch off and get into work mode. 

I searched around for somewhere to rent but it was so so expensive, “starting out wasn’t easy at all”. So I looked for places to work self employed.. that was a joke too, Big salons wanting your blood and give penny’s back in return! That wasn’t for me. 

One day as I’m looking out the window, there it was... a rotten grubby building before my very eyes.. & it was at the back of my house all along.. no rent to pay.. yippee! 

My studio was originally a care takers junk room, it was a mess ๐Ÿ˜ฎ rotten wooden doors & breeze block walls. Within a few months I had it refurbished & started a my journey as a part time beautician. very very very scary. I was nowhere near as confident as I am now so it was a huge leap & I didn't even know if id have 1 client. ๐Ÿ’œ 


I started the studio around 3 years ago, I planned and designed it all myself. 

It was called Beauty Room 9 when I first started out. The only treatments i was ever asked for were hdbrows, lvllashes & spray tans. 

I love doing all of these treatments but wanted to be able to offer more to my clients. 


Then one day out of the blue, around 16 months ago, an old school friend recommended me to be the hair & makeup artist for his & partner “now wife” wedding.

I was really excited but very nervous, 1 bride & 5 bridesmaids ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I said yes “of course” how could I pass off the opportunity. I did makeup in my beauty therapy level 2 and I was okay “I suppose”. 


So after I said yes “I thought” how am I going to do this?? The panic kicked in and started googling some ideas “yes google I no” 

I came across some amazing work from other artist and thought I’m way out of my depth here “no way can I do this”. I then got myself together and looked for an online course “refresh my skills” 

I came across Plouise online training.. “oh this looks good” I then started practicing on my friends, strangers anyone I could & then decided to do a diploma in makeup artistry. I really got into it “never did I dream I would” I started living breathing dreaming about makeup, but I had to learn more.. so much more. I’ve since then trained with Kate Hayes “she’s amazing” & now doing my Level 3 at Plouise Makeup Academy “I love it” I’ve learnt so so much and my confidence has grown loads. 

I changed my business name and re decorated my studio “The Makeup Studio” and it’s doing amazing.. I absolutely love my job. 

Running my own business & juggling 6 children isn't the easiest though ๐Ÿคช

But I’m pushing myself everyday for my business to succeed “I will not fail” 


so that's a little about my journey & my pride and joy


Thanks for reading dolls!

 Tj xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airbrushing

Lash Lift

MENTAL HEALTH